The Rights of Snowbirds Visiting Arizona
blog home Personal Injury The Rights of Snowbirds Visiting Arizona
Snowbirds are seasonal residents who like to spend the winter months in Arizona. It’s not surprising that a lot of snowbirds come from states with harsh winter weather, and many of them come from Canada.
Snowbirds are a great asset to our local economy. And we hope you enjoy the time you spend in our beautiful state. But if you suffer an accident while visiting Arizona, filing a claim against an insurance company can be a giant hassle.
Insurance companies make their profits by paying out as little in claims as possible, and they’ll probably try to take advantage of you if you’re from another state. Personal injury claims can be time-consuming and there’s also a lot of paperwork and deadlines to keep up with.
If you’re a snowbird who was injured by someone’s careless actions in Arizona, the best way to get fair compensation is to find a local personal injury lawyer who knows how to stand up to the big insurance companies.
How Your Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
When it comes to personal injury claims, Arizona is an at-fault state. Everyone has a duty of care to be reasonably careful when it comes to preventing accidents. And if you were harmed by another person’s careless behavior, you have the right to seek compensation to cover the cost of your medical bills and other expenses.
Your personal injury attorney will investigate the accident and file a claim against the negligent party’s insurance company. Even if you’ve returned home, your Arizona personal injury attorney can use phone calls, emails, and remote document signing apps to keep you up to date with your claim.
Common Snowbird Accidents
No matter how careful you are, bad things can happen. But you shouldn’t have to pay your own medical bills when somebody harms you. Needless injuries frequently suffered by people who are visiting Arizona include:
- Automobile collisions. If you have a collision while driving, your Arizona personal injury attorney will fight to make sure the negligent driver’s insurance company makes a reasonable offer that provides the money you need to get better.
- Truck accidents. A fully loaded big rig truck weighs up to 80,000 pounds. When a truck collides with a motorcycle, a pedestrian, or a regular passenger vehicle, it’s likely to cause catastrophic injuries. The insurance agents who work for large trucking companies are notorious for using underhanded tactics to prevent people from getting a fair claim, but The Husband & Wife Law Team knows how to take on the big insurance companies and win.
- RV Park Injuries. Many snowbirds with motorhomes like to stay in RV parks. Owners of RV parks have a responsibility to provide adequate security and keep sidewalks, restrooms, and other communal areas free of hazards.
- Airbnb. There are complex liability laws that apply to Airbnbs. Anyone who rents out their home for Airbnb must carry special business insurance in addition to their homeowner’s insurance. In some cases, Airbnb may also bear liability for injuries suffered by travelers. Common Airbnb accidents that result from owner negligence include slip and fall accidents, stair falls caused by broken stairs and loose handrails, and slipping in a shower that doesn’t have anti-slip protection.
- Golf cart accidents. There are over 370 golf courses in Arizona, and thanks to our marvelous weather, you can golf year-round. But poorly maintained golf carts may cause serious accidents that can result in spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), bone fractures, internal organ damage, and other serious injuries.
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries
At The Husband & Wife Legal Team, we’ve recovered millions of dollars in damages for our clients. We’re always ready to go to trial if the other side refuses to negotiate in good faith.
Compensation available for snowbirds who were harmed in Arizona may include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Vehicle damage
- Reduced earning potential
- In-home nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Were You Harmed by Someone Else’s Careless Behavior?
Mark and Alexis Breyer of The Husband & Wife Law Team have been recognized by Super Lawyers for outstanding achievement and we received a perfect 10 rating from Avvo.
Call (602) 457-6222 to schedule a FREE consultation today. At The Husband & Wife Law Team, you don’t owe us anything unless we win your case.